So I’ve been working on my new IT helpdesk tool and I wanted to give you an idea of what I want to do with it, and hopefully do a couple of work in progress screenshots.
I first started with an Powershell based GUI app that scans systems to see if they are up and details on their updates etc, this was to be used for patch day so I went ahead and created something at it works great but it was limited to just doing that one thing.
I always liked the idea of automating my daily jobs and having tools brought together in a single application that can be used by anyone, I started adding to my existing application and as it grew and when I added new features I’d have to send a copy to the rest of my team.. This was a pain because I couldn’t guarantee everyone was using the current version and that the version they had wasn’t bug free.
I’d played around with ClickOnce before and remembered how easy it was to set up and distribute and it allows on launch checking for new version etc, that’s when I decided i’d try and move the project over to Visual Studios and start using C# instead of PowerShell.
TatuxTools Was Born!
This is in a Pre-Alpha state and is served as-is!
The current tab that works is the one you see in the picture, all it’s doing is displaying info at the moment.
Id like to populate the “Domain” tab next and then Active Directory.
First thing useful i’m going to add is in the AD tab to allow searching for users and get there details etc.
I want to add remote computer details, remote file, disk, user, process management.
I’m going to add the server scanning tool in and try and link it all together.
It’s currently deployed as a ClickOnce application, you can find this under C# in the menu bar or via this link http://tatux.co.uk/2016/08/31/tatuxtools/
Feel free to give me suggestions and i’ll update the post adding any other ideas I have.